Erosion and Sediment Control
Erosion control is the practice of preventing or controlling the displacement of solids (sediment, soil, mud, and rock particles) usually by the agents of currents such as, wind, water, or ice by downward or down-slope movement in response to gravity.
Sediment control is the act of keeping the displacement of solids on or contained in one particular area. SpreadRite uses several practices to prevent the loss of sediment in and around a job site.
Site Fence: Temporary Sediment Barrier
- Woven and Non Woven
- Steel Posts
- Wood Posts
- Wire Supported
- Installed per the States Handbook
- Installations using trench and slicing methods
FilterSoxx™: A tubular structure, made out of plastic based netting filled with compost or wood fiber that allows sediment to be filtered out of the water with a higher flow rate than traditional sediment control devices.
- Filled with recycled materials that are biodegradable - Compost, Urban Wood, Green Waste, Pallet Wood
- Low impact installation and easy removal by hand (no machines)
- DOT approved
- LEED Product Certified
- 100% UV Degradable Netting
- Tested and Certified Product
- Chemical Filtration can be incorporated
Living Wall and Stream Bank Restoration:
- Soxx can be used to re-build stream banks that have sloughed
due to erosion
- Composts injected provides excellent growth
- Plant plugs using native vegetation
- Severe slope restoration with compost sock
- Custom built systems
- Extended-long lasting, life cycle cost are low
- Easy to install & remove
- Does not disturb the soil (no need to trench)
- Can be vegetated
- Animal friendly, small animals can cross soxx
- Customized sizing: 9", 12", 18" diameters
Palletized FilterSoxx™ Programs:
SpreadRite has a program for palletized FilterSoxx™. The FilterSoxx™ pallets are manufactured at our Chelsea facility and shipped out through a variety of ways. The pallet program is being sold thru distributors and end users throughout the southeast. This allows those in areas where SpreadRite is unable to service; the ability to buy and install the soxx themselves. The FilterSoxx™ is sold in full roll pallets.
Easier / cheaper to install than Silt Fence.
9" (125LF per pallet)
12" (100LF per pallet)